About the Role
The Programme Analyst - Gender Statistics will report to the Regional Gender Statistics Specialist and will work closely with the operational staff in finance and procurement at the regional office, country Program specialists and the UN Women HQ Women Count Program staff. The Programme Analyst - Gender Statistics will contribute to ensuring the effective planning, implementing, managing and reporting of the gender and statistics Women Count regional Program for East and Southern Africa.
The Programme Analyst will provide timely support to the management, development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of Program results for the ESA-RO Women Count Regional Program as well for monitoring and overseeing the human and financial resources. This includes providing management support to the implementation of the Women Count Program in the region, overseeing the monitoring of progress against results frameworks and performance indicators, monitoring program finances to ensure adherence to delivery rates and utilization of resources to meet agreed upon targets and results, supporting advocacy and resource mobilization strategies. The Programme Analyst will also collect gender indicator data and maintain the regional gender statistics resource database.
Duties And Responsibilities
Support the management of the implementation of the Women Count Program:
- Provide inputs into the development of the annual workplans in line with Women Count global guidelines and ensure alignment with Program core results and indicators;
- Oversee and review the budget and proposed activities as needed ensuring consistency with the objectives of the Women Count and in compliance with agreed timelines;
- Participate as needed in UN Women regional and CO meetings;
- Develop procurement plans and engage in procurement processes in accordance with corporate rules and regulations;
- Provide administrative support for events, procurement and travel.
Support the monitoring, reporting and communicating results of the regional Program:
- Support the regional gender statistics specialist to monitor periodically program results, ensuring performance indicators are incorporated and reported on in UN Women’s Results Management System (RMS) and in Program specific systems/tools;
- Provide substantive inputs to produce quarterly reports, donor reports, and any other reports as needed such as monitoring missions;
- Provide inputs on Women Count ESA results reporting;
- Collect data for key gender statistics indicators as required;
- Maintain and update the regional gender data and statistics resource database.
Support financial management and administrative needs of the Women Count ESA regional Program:
- Monitor Program finances to ensure adherence to delivery rates and utilization of resources to meet agreed upon targets and results;
- Provide administrative support towards recruitment processes, as necessary.
Support Resource Mobilization Strategies
- Provide support to the Women Count Regional Gender Statistics Specialist to support in the preparation of donor proposals, aligned with Women Count global guidelines, and any other relevant documentation on donors;
- In coordination with the Women Count HQ team and the Regional Resource Mobilization focal point, analyze and research information on donors, prepare substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, and identify opportunities for cost sharing;
- In coordination with the Women Count HQ team and the Regional Resource Mobilization focal point, analyze and research information on donors, prepare substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, and identify opportunities for cost sharing.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely support towards quality of Program delivery in line with Women Count budget and workplans, and in line with all UN Women operational rules and regulations, including security;
- Timely support towards quality monitoring and reporting of activities;
- Quality of reporting, including best practices and lessons learned documented and circulated;
- Adherence to UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures in all operations;
- Strong relationships with technical partners and stakeholders at regional, country and HQ level;
- Effective initiative and participation in further resource mobilization of the gender statistics Program.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong skills in coordination and Program implementation;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to provide briefings on complex issues;
- Client orientation with constructive approach to resolution of problems and dedication to providing timely support;
- Good understanding of and commitment to gender equality and women's empowerment and its policy implications; Familiarity with gender statistics;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Strong knowledge and use of computer office tools (Word, referencing software, spreadsheets) and multimedia production tools;
- Experience maintaining and populating content management systems and knowledge of Google Analytics.
Required Skills And Experience
Education and certification:
- Masters degree or equivalent in Program management, finance or related discipline.
- Masters degree with 4 years of experience or a Bachelors degree with minimum 8 years in lieu of the masters degree;
- Progressively responsible work experience at the national level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programs;
- Experience in working with program/programs related to Gender or Gender Statistics is an added advantage;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset;
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset.
How to Apply