The Area Sales Representative manages the sales and distribution of the company's products and services to customers and consumers within a defined geographic area of the Region.
Ensuring that consistent, profitable growth in sales revenue is achieved. Management and control of sales resources to achieve maximum sales and profitability. Develops and implements sales strategies and action plans to meet corporate, sales, and marketing objectives. Manages, motivates and develops Sales Agents to produce the desired sales results and objectives.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS
• Sales to customers within a defined geographic Area in the East Africa
• Achievement of monthly sales volume and value targets across all three categories (Stationery, Lighters, Shavers and Shaving preps)
• Ensure effective implementation of negotiated Key Account promotions and marketing strategies
• To effectively manage third party Sales and Merchandising Agents, ensuring that sales targets' key Trade Promotions and In Store forward share objectives are achieved.
• To ensure cost effective sales call coverage is implemented, providing the required level of service to increase sales to customers and area profitability.
• To effectively manage the Sales Agents, ensuring that the agreed sales targets, promotional activity and marketing objectives are implemented at store level.
• Effective implementation of all negotiated promotions during Mini-Major Back to School and Shaver/Lighter promotional periods.
• Compiling and submission of required sales and market intelligence reports (Trade surveys, Sales contact Reports, In store audits, Daily/Weekly reports, Competitor activity Reports, Promotional.
Analysis Reports, New Products and Forward Share
• Maintain and build solid trade relations with key customers, identify new customers and sales opportunities within the defined Area
• Identify opportunities to increase numeric and weighted distribution of both existing and new products to Area customer base. Understanding of customer needs and product trends, tracking competitor activity and new product innovation
• Develops job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal/professional networks
Previous/Professional Experience/ Additional Skills & Details
• Developed professional selling relationships with Wholesalers/Franchisers and Retailers
• Good organization, communication and leadership skills
• Negotiation and Conflict resolution skills
• Ability to identify new business opportunities and customers
• Presentation Skills
• Target driven and meet objectives
• Energy and passion for achievement of own commitments and delivering company objectives
• Be able to influence and persuade others to take a specific course of action
• Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of company
objectives and goals. Obtain and offer collaboration without relying on authority
• Respect others and manage diversity regarding different cultures, personal styles, markets.
• Produces tangible results that are expected for the job
• Time management – consistently able to effectively finish assignments; well organized
• Mentoring and coaching skills
• Team player and be able to lead from the front
• Understanding of Division 3000 customer methodology, in store procedure and discipline
Candidate profile: qualifications / technical skills
• A Diploma /Degree in Sales and Marketing or a related field from a recognized institution of
• At least 2 years sales experience position within the FMCG/Office Products environment.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required