BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT KENYA IS LOOKING FOR A RISK & SECURITY INTERN TO JOIN OUR TEAM ON A FIXED-TERM CONTRACT OF 1 YEAR
SENIORITY LEVEL: Internship
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary package + excellent benefits
LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The purpose of the Factory Risk and Security Intern is to support the Factory Security to drive a coordinated and cost-effective security risk management service to ensure that all business operations/activities within Kenya are effectively protected.
East Africa Markets poses a dynamic but volatile business environment, with various criminal threats that may adversely impact our factories and other critical assets including residential areas of our expatriate staff. It is essential that our staff, factories, leaf centres, market offices and are aware of these threats to enable an effective mitigation.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Assist in monitoring asset movement at Likoni factory site on a weekly basis and share trends to enable loss prevention measures.
- Conduct Security systems and equipment’s functionality checks and share improvements and ensure periodic maintenance as scheduled.
- Oversight people and Vehicle access facilitation ensuring that the process is smooth and seamless and share daily reports with the Factory security Manager.
- Support security weekly Factory Gemba walks and provide suggestions leading to measures/systems review or improvements.
- Inform the Factory security manager immediately of any incident concerning BAT operations, staff, BAT contracted staff, farmers and compile an initial incident report within 24 hours of the incident occurring.
- Support the Factory security manager in assigned security related activities at Likoni road Factory and GLT-Thika, primary and secondary supply chain.
- Prepare and submit weekly and Monthly security briefs to the Factory security manager on the performance of security systems and security related matters.
- Support implementation of agreed internal security control systems and procedures within at Likoni road Factory site and advise the factory security manager on implementation.
- Support in security Surveys and share survey reports with Factory security Manager.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Finance, Risk Management or Criminology
- Strong knowledge of electronic data analysis tools, such as Excel and other graphic presentation tools.