We uplift people and economies around the world through entrepreneurship.
Who We Are
500 Global is a venture capital firm with $2.7B in assets under management that invests in founders building fast-growing technology companies. We focus on markets where technology, innovation, and capital can unlock long-term value and drive economic growth. We work closely with key stakeholders and advise governments and corporations on how best to support entrepreneurial ecosystems so startups can thrive. 500 Global has backed over 5,000 founders representing more than 2,700 companies operating in 81 countries. We have invested in 49 companies valued at over $1 billion and 150+ companies valued at over $100 million (including private, public, and exited companies). Our 180+ team members are located in 27 countries and bring experience as entrepreneurs, investors, and operators from some of the world’s leading technology companies.
We're really passionate about the African startup ecosystem and you will be on the frontier of growth investing and creating value in promising technology companies across the African region. You’ll be a steward of our most important relationships - our founders.
As a Partner you will be responsible for the overall operations of our Africa Fund, by formulating, leading, and executing its strategy. The Partner will pursue pre-seed and seed investment opportunities and manage the investments of funds, working closely with founders and entrepreneurs to help them grow.
- Lead comprehensive diligence on early-stage investment opportunities. Develop and provide a detailed analysis of the company’s market, people, domain, products, technologies, go-to-market plan, competitive position, and anything else relevant to making an investment decision.
- Monitor the performance of the Fund’s portfolio companies and any relevant 500 Global or other funds' portfolio companies in the region as appropriate (each a "Portfolio Company") including responsibility for the maintenance of accurate and timely valuation information.
- Responsible for day-to-day development and cultivation of investor relationships of the Fund
- Commitment to and demonstration of 500 Global “founder first” mentality including advocating for entrepreneurship and the fair treatment of founders in the ecosystem and championing 500 founders to other investors and stakeholders.
- Educating and mentoring founders and building a diverse and inclusive team and portfolio.
- Help startups leverage the broader 500 network to help with strategy, business development, fund-raising, hiring top talent and exits.
- Represent and continue to build the 500 Global brand and tech ecosystem generally in the region.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree from a reputable college or university. MBA is a strong advantage.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in venture capital, accelerator operations, consulting, corporate venture capital, M&A or experience gained as a founder of a company with a successful exit.
- Established personal network within venture capital, development financing, corporate venture capital, or early-to-growth stage startups.
- Expert-level knowledge of financial modeling, investment thesis development, deal sourcing, portfolio management, and capital formation.
- Demonstrate experience leading initiatives that align with the role or relevant aspects of 500’s business.
- Ability to manage transactions that range in size and complexity, working alongside key stakeholders and functions as may be required.
- Proven ability to lead, recruit and retain a growing team and mentor high-performing members.
500 Global does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.