About the Role
This position is located in the Resident Coordinator's Office, and reports to the Resident Coordinator Team Leader.
Within limits of delegated authority and depending on location, a Driver at this level may be responsible for the following duties:
- Drives vehicles safely for the transport of authorized personnel and for the transport of general cargo goods
- Makes deliveries and collection of mail, documents and other items, including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required and b) meeting official, between the office and other offices and institutions, e.g., Ministries, Embassies, Permanent Missions, etc.
- Makes minor purchases and collect urgent purchases from local suppliers as requested.
- Collect goods from the customs with due regard to customs regulations and formalities. May make or collect payment for goods..
- Meets official personnel at the airport.
- Deals effectively and tactfully with officials and visitors.
- Takes care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, and vehicle tools.; perform minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensures that vehicle is kept clean.
- Reports any damage or loss of vehicle tools
- Logs fuel consumption, maintenance etc.
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of accident.
- Applies good judgment in the context of assignments given.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Performs other relevant functions as assigned.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of driving rules and regulations. Knowledge of the area and the current condition of roads and highways, security and safety awareness; familiarity with frequently traveled routes and routines of the more senior staff or the officers. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required;
- allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients" and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- A minimum of High school diploma/completion of secondary school or equivalent is required. Valid National Driver License is required. Valid basic life support(BLS) certificate or equivalent is desirable.
Job - Specific Qualification
- A valid National Driver license is required.
- A defensive driving certificate is desirable.
- A minimum of two (2) years' continuous driving experience with a safe driving record is required.
- Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans and other kinds of motorized vehicles is required.
- Experience with the United Nations or any International organizations is desirable.
How to Apply