About the Role
Objective of the Position:
According to the protocols assigned to the function, carry out cleaning activities to ensure the hygiene and disinfection of surfaces and materials.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform tasks related to hygiene and disinfection according to the protocols applied in the service, know and apply the specific hygiene protocols and safety rules. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Maintain clean and disinfect the infrastructures allocated to his position, including furniture, doors, walls and floor, medical equipment (patient rooms, consultation rooms, laboratory, operating room, delivery room, staff room, storage room, kitchen, bathroom, and latrines) applying specific protocols and using the tools and equipment provided. Clean floors, equipment, beds, toilets and showers according to protocols and plan the schedule
- Collect and evacuate the waste produced by the medical structures towards the designated site, previously organized by the medical staff, empty the bins as often as necessary to ensure an effective quality of care and a safe environment.
- Report any necessary repairs or maintenance related to hygiene to the supervisor, along with any relevant information related to his responsibilities.
- Raise awareness of hygiene and sanitation measures among patients, visitors, staff, mothers to properly use water distribution points, latrines, hand washing areas, in collaboration with the health promotion and nursing team.
- Fill all water containers every morning (drinking water and hand washing areas) and refill them when they are half full. To wash your hands, make sure soap is available.
- Install mosquito nets as required for the use of hospital beds and Conduct laundry activities according to protocols.
- Ensure that equipment and tools are properly used and maintained. Ensure the availability of hygiene and sanitation products and establish prescriptions for ongoing needs.
- Notify line manager of any repair or maintenance needs and share all relevant information related to his/her responsibilities.
- Essential High school Certificate/Certificate in housekeeping
- Desirable at least 1 year of experience working in a similar position/ experience working with Youth is a plus
- Essential local language Kiswahili and English
How to Apply
Applicants MUST be Kenyan nationals and have the necessary statutory documents (ID, NSSF, NHIF and a PIN certificate).
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file mentioning on the subject line “Hygiene Agent” to Email: [email protected] or drop a physical application to MSF Dandora/ Mathare clinic