Title: Admin, HR and HSE Officer,
Location: West Pokot,
Gross Salary: Ksh 80k
Our client in the Agriculture industry is looking to looking for an Administrative, HR and HSE Officer who can handle both HR issues and HSE matters.
· Ensure candidate documentation is collected and recorded/filed.
· Oversee all staff engagement for the country office and manage the new hire orientation and exit process.
· Compliance and Record-keeping
· Annually review the Personnel Handbook recommending amendments needed due to changes in local conditions or labor laws.
· Manage time clocking system for the office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing.
· Compensation and Benefits as well as Employee Relations.
· Coordinate with Finance Manager in the preparation of Payroll.
· Review employee final payments for accuracy and compliance with labour laws.
· Ensure smooth running of all administrative functions with county officials.
· Undertake employee training and development and make recommendations.
· Oversee the coordination and implementation of annual performance reviews.
· Coach, counsel, and discipline employees.
· Work with senior management to resolve employee relations issues pragmatically.
· Investigate employee relations issues and work to ensure human resources-related decisions are consistent and fair.
· Initiate, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, and procedures. Monitoring plant operations to ensure that they comply with government regulations on environmental protection, safety, and health issues such as OSHA standards
· Ensuring that employees are trained in proper safety practices and procedures, including emergency response protocols
· Coordinating with production teams and other departments to ensure that production goals are met
· Assists, plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local and state regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT)
· Provide HSE training, awareness and induction on site to staff, contractors and other relevant parties.
· Performs safety audits and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
· Have first line responsibility for incident investigations, including but not limited to investigating, making initial recommendations and putting measures in place to prevent reoccurrence
· Assists in the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety programs.
· Keep HSE statistical records, such as incidents, accidents, near-misses and working hours on site.
· Ensuring the well-being of workforce and compliance of HSE within the plant.
· Keep HSE registers up to date, including renewals of permits, licenses, etc.
· Assist Plant Manager to implement accident-prevention and environmental impact activities on site.
· Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced including medical checkups for the staff.
· Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
· Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery, use of PPEs and occupational diseases.
· Act as Emergency coordinator on site.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, and possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Admin, HR and HSE Officer - West Pokot ) to [email protected] before 18th February 2023.