Title: Executive Chef – Hospitality,
Salary: 200k- 250k
Our Client is a well-established Hotel in Nairobi. They seek to hire an executive chef who will be in charge of all other staff in the kitchen section with the key role of supervising and training chef-de-parties, cooks, and all kitchen staff to ensure order, compliance to set standards discipline, and speedy, the dispensation of food orders. In addition to directing the preparation, seasoning, baking, and cooking of all foods and salads, he/she shall plan and price menu items, order supplies, and keep records and accounts of the kitchen.
· Champions menu costing in liaison with cost controller
· Monitors food cost and accounts for a rise or dip in the same
· Assists in the development of the Kitchen budget
· Monitors and manages kitchen costs
· Participates in monthly profit and loss report reviews
· Reviews sales to identify non-moving food items to facilitate menu review
· In liaison with the purchasing manager, carry out market surveys for fresh and reasonably priced produce to ensure suppliers are providing the hotel with high quality supplies at competitive prices.
· Places all the market orders for food items through the purchasing department
· Inspects to ensure that what is delivered is actually what was ordered and corresponds to the invoice and delivery note.
· In charge of food supplies quality assurance
· Creates exciting menus
· Ensures that food ingredients are received are properly stored.
· Ensures that basic preparations; Deboning, Portioning, Peeling, Cutting, etc. are properly done avoiding unnecessary wastage.
· Ensures that proper cooking methods and recipes are followed.
· Checks to ensure that the right color, taste and texture of food is consistently maintained.
· Ensures that food is properly served and presented, within specified time frames.
· Ensures that hygiene standards are observed and maintained at all times.
Human Resources Management
· Prepares a Duty Roster and leave chart for the Kitchen Brigade.
· Collaborates with the Human Resource Manager to ensure that competent employees are recruited into the kitchen
· Conducts performance management for employees in the kitchen
· Assesses training needs and train teams accordingly.
· Takes care of all the operating equipment by ensuring they are regularly serviced and facilitates the purchase of new ones where necessary.
· Ensures that the kitchen, stores and fridges are clean and properly arranged at all times.
· Demonstrates service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including:
· Being attentive to Guests
· Accurately and promptly fulfilling Guests requests
· Taking appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
· Anticipating guests’ culinary needs
· Appreciating the dynamic nature of the Hotel industry and extending these service attributes to all internal customers
· Staying abreast of new trends in the culinary world in order to stay ahead of the competition
Health, Safety and Security
· Ensures proper cleaning of the kitchen department before, during, after service.
· Should be familiar with Company Health and Safety Policies and ensure the kitchen department promotes and complies with them
· Should be familiar with the Health and Safety measures in the hospitality industry as a whole including first aid, fire and emergency procedures
· Should take responsibility to rectify hazardous situations by reporting major areas of concern to the Engineering department
Qualifications and Requirements
· Diploma in Food Production
· Eight years’ experience, three of which must have been as a Sous Chef and above in a 4 or 5 star establishment
· HACCP and hygiene training
· Demonstrates a high level of supervisory, training and coaching skills.
· Operates with a high degree of professionalism, ethics and integrity
· Prepared to commit a great deal of time and effort in order to succeed, often days can be stretched from 10 hours to 12 hours or more depending on the business demands
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, and possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Executive Chef- Hospitality) to [email protected] before 14th February 2023.