About the Role
Advert Number: KCPSB/2023/31
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will be responsible for the management of Library Information Services, including implementation of Documentation and Library work programmes in a Library/Information Centre within a Department. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Indexing and abstracting journal articles;
- Operating Current Awareness Service (CAS);
- Editing of reports, newsletters and other publications;
- Selection and purchasing of information and other research materials in consultation with professionals and researchers.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- served in the grade of Library Assistant II or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Library and Information Science, Library and Information Studies, or Library, Records and Archive Management from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in Computer Applications;
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply