About the Role
- Prevent unauthorized people and vehicle from accessing the aircraft, its environs and restricted and controlled KQ premises.
- Prevent unauthorized and unsterilized items from being loaded or carried in the aircraft holds and cabin.
- Provide security of staff, passenger against harassment while on duty and security of cargo, mail & courier during loading and offloading from aircraft to warehouse.
- Conduct searches on staff to ensure security of passenger baggage, courier, mail, cargo and in-flight materials before and after handling.
- Safely handle and secure lost and found property until reunited with rightful owners to enhance customer confidence f) Maintain access control of KQ premises to ensure security of vital installations.
- Ensure that contracted security adhere to SLAs and company security standards at all times.
- Gather and relay information on aviation security, pilferage/theft of baggage, in-flight stores, cargo interference; weight cheating, INAD activities, fraudulent tickets and drug trafficking to ensure revenue integrity and no unlawful interference to company operations.
- Enforce company code of ethics to ensure strict compliance by all employees.
- Screening of cargo, mail and couriers for AVSec prohibited and dangerous items and contrabands
- Qualification (Minimum) Diploma or Certificate from a recognised Institution Additional Qualifications
- Certificate in a Security Related Field will be an added advantage. Years of Experience (Minimum)
- At least two years of relevant security experience will be desirable. Other Skills
- Training in basic AVSEC, DGR and SMS will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Basic IT knowledge
- Must be of clean back ground check.
- Behavioral competencies
- High integrity.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver desired results.
How to Apply
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit a copy your detailed Curriculum Vitae on the Kenya Airways iRecruitment portal, only by Friday, 30th December 2022.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply click on the link:https://i-pride.kenya-airways.com/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?page=/oracle/apps/irc/candidateSelfService/webui/VisVacDispPG&OAHP=IRC_EXT_SITE_VISITOR_APPL&OASF=IRC_VIS_VAC_DISPLAY&akRegionApplicationId=821&transactionid=245886927&retainAM=N&addBreadCrumb=RP&p_svid=215&p_spid=5015&oapc=33&oas=PdXXmAO1vLfAHcC7Wqny3g..&utm_source=MyJobMag