About the Role
JOB TITLE: HOME SCIENCE TEACHER
Overview of the Position Our client a Christian School in the Education Sector is looking for a dynamic Health Education Teacher to join our school. The Health Education Teacher will help students as both individuals and groups, will foster an appreciation of Health Education provide a relevant and supportive learning environment.
1. Teach and deliver exceptional, real world, enquiry-based Health Education lessons that align with the Kenya curriculum requirements.
2. Maintain positive, constructive, and professional relationships with students, their families and colleagues.
3. Develop lessons plans and partner with the Learning Design Team in reviewing and updating lessons when required/ desired.
4. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students and maintain an organized and focused learning environment.
5. Infuse joy and passion for learning in lessons so that students are excited and interested in their academic excellence.
6. Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for the growth and success of all students, both in academic and culture expectations.
7. Be accountable for students' mastery of content and academic standards.
8. Integrate interactive technology into lessons to enhance instructional delivery.
9. Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide efficient student feedback so they internalize them.
10. Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior and model expected behavior at all times for students to emulate.
11. Consistently meet the ambitious goals of a rapidly-growing organization.
12. Serve as a teacher on duty and/or boarding teacher on duty and support school wide programs aimed at behavior interventions.
13. Timely capture of student’s data on academic outcomes and articulation of students’ progress to NP families and other stakeholders when called upon to do so.
1. Degree/Diploma in Education with the relevant Subjects (Health Education)
2. TSC certification.
3. 2-3 Years relevant years of experience.
4. Thorough understanding of the curricular elements of CBC integrated science curriculum.
5. Certificate of good conduct
6. Preferably taught CBC Classes
Skills and Attributes
1. Strong Interpersonal and communication Skills
2. Computer Skills
3. First aid training
4. Child care skills
5. Excellent Customer care skills
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter clearly indicating current and expected remuneration to: [email protected] with subject line being the position applied for. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.